Position Title: Fund Development Consultant – Part-time
Reporting To: Donna West, Executive Director
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan
Salary: $25,000 to $30,000 per year
Hours: 20-25 hrs/week
Last Revised: October 2021
About CityKidz Regina
CityKidz Regina is all about helping children. We are committed to improving the lives of children growing up with the challenges of poverty. There’s nothing we won’t do and no place we won’t go in search of the one child who needs us.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Fundraising Coordinator is responsible for the growth and support of CityKidz branded events – Gala, Breakfast of Hope; third-party community fundraising events; and building relationships with our business partners.
This position is responsible for a key source of revenue for CityKidz Regina, which is currently operating a $110K budget with a Strategic Plan in place for growth. Frequent evening and weekend work is required. The successful candidate has knowledge of federal and provincial regulations for fundraising events, and CRA Charitable Receipting. In addition, the successful candidate is a self-starter with a strong attention to accuracy and detail, excellent customer service/donor relations skills, a demonstrated ability to solve problems and good written and verbal communication skills.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Responsible for meeting annual revenue and activity targets.
- Grow the number of community special events, business and church partnerships
- Provide support to community leaders and organizing committees for their special events. This may include attending event committee meetings, providing information on receipting, supporting promotion of the event, securing raffle licenses, and day-of event work.
- Provide support to business or church activity organizers. This may include establishing peer-to-peer fundraising pages or activity-based fundraising pages, attending planning meetings and providing information on receipting.
- Oversee the scheduling, tracking, and project management of each special event, business and church partnership.
- Responsible for the financial tracking of event expenses and SLGA licenses, and ensuring accurate charitable receipting processes and regulations are adhered to.
- Provide support to CityKidz Board of Directors by way of briefing notes, speaking notes, and event status reports.
- Attend all special events and coordinate additional staff/volunteer participation when appropriate.
- Responsible for the set-up of peer-to-peer event; ensure all social media and other promotional commitments are met.
- Ensure events are promoted and recognized in a timely fashion on the CityKidz Regina website and/or social media channels before and after the event.
- Secure sponsorship for CityKidz Regina events.
- Provide outstanding stewardship to event and partnership organizers including, but not limited to, thank you letters, stewardship reports, social and traditional media support, recognition to our sponsors, and holiday cards.
- Actively participate in CityKidz Regina’s budgeting activities and Strategic Planning.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Key Skills & Competencies
- Strong project management skills, with proven ability to manage timelines and budgets
- Experience in successfully securing donations/event sponsorships
- Thoroughness, accuracy and attention to detail in all aspects of work
- Creative problem solver with the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Strong relationship building skills
- Self-motivated team player
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Understanding of, and strong commitment to, fundraising ethical principles
- Professional manner
- Education & Experience
- Post-secondary degree and/or equivalent related work experience
- Two or more years of fundraising experience
- Experience working with volunteers and community groups
- Project management experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
The Fundraising Coordinator will work remotely from with access to the CityKidz Office. Weekend and evening work is occasionally required in order to support community and foundation events and to get to know the CityKidz model by participating in occasional Saturday program, youth nights, and home visits.
A valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle is required.
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan. The salary range for this position is $25,000 – $30,000 per year.
The position will be reviewed in six months with the potential to becoming a full-time position.
Applicants are to apply with a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org